Sir Alex Ferguson wants to stay at Manchester United after retiring

Sir Alex Ferguson
Sir Alex Ferguson believes there will be a role for him at Manchester Unitedwhen he retires as first-team manager.
The Scot, 70, wants another “two or three years” in the top job at Old Trafford.
Then he says he would like to be employed at the club, potentially in an ambassadorial role similar to the one Sir Bobby Charlton has.
Ferguson told BBC Radio 5 live: “I will remain active. I think there will be a role for me at United after I finish.”
Under Ferguson’s guidance, Manchester United have grown to become one of the most decorated club sides in the world, winning 12 domestic league titles and two European Cups.
One of those Premier League titles came in the 2001-02 campaign, at the end of which Ferguson was due to retire.
He had a change of heart and seems to have been inspired to build the next great United side by the rise to prominence of Manchester City, whom he memorably described as “noisy neighbours.”
“I think you always want to go out on a winning note,” said Ferguson.
“Hopefully we can do that. I don’t know how long I can last now but if my health stays up I don’t think another two or three years would harm me.”
He also says his wife is keen for him to remain active and has even suggested he becomes a milkman when he steps down as Manchester United manager.
There has been constant speculation about who will succeed Ferguson, with a string of former players linked with the job at various times.
Ferguson himself is a long-time admirer of Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho and believes the Portuguese would get more ‘freedom’ to do the job in England than he gets in Spain.
Mourinho was hugely successful at Chelsea and in December spoke of his desire to return to management in the Premier League .