Chelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo plays up Marko Marin potential


Roberto Di Matteo has played up the potential of new Chelsea signing Marko Marin after the Londoners confirmed a deal had been reached with Werder Bremen to bring the Germany international to Stamford Bridge in the summer.

The 23-year-old winger said earlier this week that he hopes interim boss Di Matteo is handed the job on a permanent basis, and the Italian coach says he has high hopes for the versatile forward.
“He’s a German international, he’s a skilful player and is very talented,” said Di Matteo ahead of Chelsea’s trip to Newcastle United on Wednesday. “He will certainly add some different qualities to this team. He’s been signed for next season.
“I think he can play in a few different roles. He’s an attacking player with creativity but I think it also depends on the way the team will play.”
Marin, who will join the Blues in the summer, believes he is perfectly suited to Chelsea’s style of play.
“I had good talks with Di Matteo and I hope he stays,” said Marin. “Chelsea’s play is based a lot on wide men. It fits perfectly for me, otherwise I would not have sought this move.”