RVP: I’ll score when I want…except if…

Arsenal v Manchester City - Premier League
Robin van Persie insists he’s not worried about not finding the back of the net, despite not scoring in nearly a month.
The Dutchman, who has been nothing short of prolific for nearly 15 months, last scored against Newcastle United on March 12th but has since seen a combination of great goalkeeping, poor (in relative terms) finishing and the woodwork deny him the chance to add to his 26 Premier League goal tally.
Speaking to the Arsenal official matchday programme ahead of Sunday’s win over Manchester City, Van Persie spoke about the importance of having an all-round game.
“I’ve always said that I don’t have to be scoring goals to be pleased with my form.
“Of course it’s always nice if you can score too, but for me football is not about just scoring goals.
“I want to play well and help the team, and I’m just happy with that little pass to Theo before the goal against QPR for example.
“I want to be decisive and helpful to the team, whether that’s making a pass or scoring a goal.
“Of course I do want to score as well, but against Everton I hit the post, against Villa there was an unbelievable clearance off the line, and against QPR the keeper made a really good save.
“Normally out of those three chances, at least one would go in.”
Having seen Thomas Vermaelen somehow deflect his first half header off the City line, and having watched a second effort hit the post, let’s hope that seeds of doubt are not starting to germinate in RVP’s mind.
Thankfully, having spent months of the season fending off suggestions that Arsenal are a one man team, the rest of the squad have really stepped up in recent months to prove that they can make the difference during squeaky bum time.
Arsenal Home football kit 2012-13      Arsenal 11/12 Away Soccer Jersey
WearArsenal shirt is one of the best ways to speak out your mind and to convey your message to others that you loveArsenal team. welcome to go and see www.soccer-facebook.com for buyArsenal shirt