Manchester United loanee: I’m here to improve as a player

Federico Macheda
Federico Macheda, on loan at QPR from Manchester United, is looking to use his time with the west London club to improve as a player.
The 20-year-old admitted it will be hard to maintain a first team spot at Rangers given the talent the west London club possess.
The Italian, who burst onto the scene for the Red Devils with a last minute winner against Aston Villa in April 2009, has found it hard to break into the side.
Macheda came off the bench in the west London club’s defeat to Norwich and is in line for his first start against MK Dons in the FA Cup on Saturday.
“I came here to work very hard, fight for my place and hopefully make a good impression,” Macheda told the club’s official site.
“I think QPR has a good squad of players. I think we can improve and gain many points over the coming games.”
He added: “When I get on the pitch I will give my best.
“When I spoke to Sir Alex he said I need more playing time. There is more chance to play here than at United at the moment.
“The important thing now for me is QPR. We will see what happens in the future when I return to United.”