Wenger Gives Hint on £16m January Pursuit


Wenger Gives Hint on £16m January Pursuit

Arsene Wenger has denied that Arsenal are chasing £16 million-rated winger Lukas Podolski, while theGermany international currently considers a move abroad.
Podolski has starred for Cologne since joining the club in 2009, but he has admitted he is not completely satisfied with the side, and would like to leave the Bundesliga completely.
“I find it very difficult to imagine a change to another club in the Bundesliga,’ he said this week.
“If I leave Cologne, joining a foreign club appeals to me. When I look at the inquiries already received, I am looking to see if the club plays international or Champions League football.”
Arsenal were flagged as the club most likely to sign Podolski in January, but today Wenger insisted that he won’t be pursuing the 26 year old in the next window.
When asked in his press conference if the manager would be taking on the star, he replied with an emphatic ‘no’.